Everything you need to know!
With 1800 shaft horsepower, can carry a group of 10 or 11 skiers and boarders, depending on weight, plus the guide and the pilot. You will be amazed by the size, power, and agility of this workhorse of the Canadian heli-ski industry.
Who should go in the Bell 205 :
The 205 heli-ski packages are especially suited for the following:
- intermediate and advanced skiers and boarders
- expert skiers and boarders who are heli-skiing for the first time
- any group of skiers and boarders larger than five people
- anyone who wishes to be in the day's video and photographs. A Whistler Heli-Ski photographer accompanies each Bell 205.
This very modern, single jet-engine, four-bladed rotor helicopter has real performance - very fast, very agile, with a tremendous climbing capability. It can move a group of 5 skiers or boarders, plus the guide and the pilot very quickly around the backcountry heliski areas.
Who should go in the Bell 407:
The Bell 407 is especially suited to:
- veteran heli-skiers and boarders who want to move quickly and do 6 or more runs in a day
- any group of 5 skiers and boarders who want a more private experience and will do at least 6 runs during the day. A Whistler Heli-Skiing photographer can be available with the Bell 407 by special request.
This single jet-engine helicopter, manufactured by Eurocopter, is similar in performance to the Bell 407. Whistler Heli-Skiing will be using this helicopter to fly skiers and boarders who have booked the Ultimate Excursion package. The A-Star can carry groups of 4 or 5 skiers and boarders, plus the guide and the pilot. It will also be available for groups of skiers or boarders who wish to have their own private heli-skiing experience.
Who should go in the A-Star:
Heli skiers and boarder who have booked the Ultimate Excursion package may be flying in either the Bell 407 or the A-Star. The A-Star is especially suited to:
- veteran skiers and boarders who want to move quickly and do 6 or more runs in a day
- groups of up to 5 skiers and boarders of similar abilities who are looking for a more private experience
- a group of skiers and boarders who want to have their own private helicopter
- a Whistler Heli-Skiing photographer can be available by special request.