A Typical Day
Everything You Need to Know!
- Please check into the Whistler Heli-Skiing Store in the Carleton Lodge to confirm your arrival in Whistler.
- You must check in before 4:00 pm the day before you fly and preferably as soon as you arrive in Whistler.
At that time you will be required to sign a release of liability waiver. All members of your party who are heli-skiing must be present to sign their waiver.* You may also arrange your rental powder skis or snowboard, if required, at this time.
- The Whistler Heli-Skiing staff will advise you of the weather conditions for the next few days. If necessary, you may change your reservation at this time, depending upon space availability.
- 8:15 am: Guests requiring rentals to check in at the Carleton store.
- 8:30 am: All other guests to check in at the Carleton store.
- If your heli ski day is cancelled due to weather or snow conditions, you will be telephoned between 7:30 am and 8:15 am. If you do not have a phone call by 8:15 am, please report to the Heli Ski store at 8:30 or 8:45 as required.
- After reporting to the store you will be either be directed to the ski rental area, or you will stay in the Carleton Lodge area where your guide will introduce himself and assemble your group. You will have a heli ski introduction.
- After the group is assembled you will walk with your guide to the waiting Whistler Heli-Skiing buses for the drive to the Whistler Heliport. At the Heliport you will be given a transceiver and instructions in its use and receive additional instruction about the helicopters. The first group will fly at approximately 10:00 am.
- The guide will choose the best ski area for the day. He will take into consideration the wind, temperature, and new snowfalls prior to making his decision.
- You will ski with your guide all day.
- Mountain lunch is provided on the hill.
- The Whistler Heli-Skiing professional photography staff captures one of your runs on video and still pictures. Videos and photographs are available in the Bell 205 packages only. Smokers please bring a container to contain ashes and cigarette butts.
- No smoking is permitted near the helicopter.
- Please turn cell phone off while skiing due to avalanche transceiver transmitting interruption risk.
- Please note music or headphone use while skiing will interrupt guide navigational and hazard instruction.
- The heli-ski day ends at the Bearfoot Bistro for the video party. We arrive back between 2:30 and 5:00 (depending on weather and number of runs).
- The video party starts 30 minutes after the first group arrives. The video plays at least twice for everyone's enjoyment. Invite your friends and family to join you there.
- All orders for videos and photos, as well as payment for extra runs, are processed here.